A New Ship - My Report
Well it is always exciting to be on a brand new ship and the Explora I did not disappoint. These were some of the features that I found and enjoyed –
- Lots of space and light. This is something that really makes an impression. Even the shops had windows looking out creating great views of the sea. Tons of space everywhere especially in the rooms.
- No more large dining rooms. With a wide choice of dining venues none of them felt like the old fashioned cruise dining room. Instead they are designed in such a way as to feel as if you are in an intimate specialty restaurant.
- Very comfy theatre. A great place to catch a show after dinner, the theatre has cocktail bar style seating with individual chairs and small tables so you feel that you are more in a lounge than in a large theatre.
- Great place to keep fit. The outdoor running/walking track was an excellent option. They also had an outside training area with stationery bikes, ellipticals and fitness equipment out on the deck. Numerous whirlpools, a basketball court and even a pickle ball court.
- Culinary fun. A great facility is the Chef’s Kitchen where you can do a cooking class against the backdrop of ceiling height windows so you don’t lose a moment of the view even when elbow deep in pasta!
We are expecting the next Explora ship, Explora II, the middle of next year with another to follow that.
There are some good specials right now so if you are interested now is the time to grab your place.
If you want to know more please join me and Explora on 16 August at 6 pm for a virtual presentation with tons of information about Explora and what to expect.
Sign up here for Explora Journeys Virtual Presentation
So many voyages to pick from but if you want to do a short trip close to home this will give you a good taste of Explora –
Explora Journeys Pacific Northwest Cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver
Duration: 6 Nights
Price: $4,275 CAD per person
Date: Apr 12, 2024